Sunday, January 28, 2018

Week 4 - EOW Trade Summary

Here's a summary of what happened for my Week 4:

Monday 
I entered $NOW, it was a losing trade and this was an error. See blog entry here.

Tuesday 
As a punishment for my error, I did not traded this day. This was also the time I saw $EMP and $HVN as a missed trade. See blog entry here.

Wednesday 
I entered $NOW (momentum play) and $STR (ceiling play).

Thursday
Sold $STR in the morning. Sold $NOW in the afternoon. Max number of trades reached this day. I must limit myself to max of 3 trades in a week.

Here's my trade log in my journal:
Sold STR this morning. I was at work and I'm in a meeting when I executed my sell order. Around 9am, I already opened my account through my mobile phone and checked the projected open of $STR (and $NOW). 

At around 9:20-9:29am, the projected open of $STR was at its ceiling price of 29.25. At the market open, I was checking the bid/ask table through my phone while talking to my colleagues. I saw there's a huge amount of bid volume at 29.25 I am ready to sell $STR at the ceiling price, but I'm in a meeting. 

At 9:31am, I refreshed my port and here's what it looked like:
9:31AM of Thurs, Jan 25
Right after, I excused myself from the meeting and went to the CR just to execute. 

Time check: 9:35am. 

$STR already dropped to 23.00 plus the bid/ask table looks weird. The bid price is higher than the ask price.

So I waited for a few minutes, price is trading around 23.00 to 27.00. I didn't bother if my gains from 29.25 melted quickly. I just have to execute my sell order. So I decided sold half at 24.50 and the other half at 23.50. The portsnap was yummy, but I wasn't able to sell it at its peak. But still, good trade for a 1 day hold.
$STR Daily Chart
$STR port allocation: 19.5%
%Gain for the trade: +21.62%
Overall port gain: +4.22%
Holding Period: 1 trading day

$NOW Daily Chart
$NOW port allocation: 26%
%Gain for the trade: +10.36%
Overall port gain: +2.70%
Holding Period: 1 trading day

Friday 
No trading activity for Fri. I was busy at work since we have a whole-day activity (town hall department meeting).

I was checking the market through mobile, I got a little bit of FOMO with $HVN. It made +354.13% move week-to-date. From 21.00 level on Monday to 100.00 on Fri. CRAZY indeed. It was a missed trade. But i shrugged it off that night. I went for a long walk and grabbed some beer.

Left with one one stock, still holding since Jan 15:

More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment