Monday, January 22, 2018

Week 3 - Trade Summary

Holla! Week 3 was my first trading week for 2018.

I entered 3 stocks below:
1. $NRCP
2. $ECP
3. 1 current holding for week 4 (and onwards?)

See below for the trade summary.


_____________________________________________________________________________

1. $ECP 


Based from my recent blog on Thurs, Jan 18: The Tale of $ECP - I said I wasn't going to trade this stock and will let this pass, but I took my word and broken my rule - because the setup fits my parameter and the stock really has MOMENTUM. Looking at $ECP chart on Thurs night, one of the trigger/s I'm waiting for was the ATH of 60.95. I made a plan that night that if this stock will go CRAZY again on Fri, 60.95 area was my ideal safe entry.


$ECP Daily Chart
Jan 19, 2018 - Fri
And so it happened. 

On Friday, $ECP opened at 56.00 and broke the ATH at 60.95. 

I made my entry during the first minutes of the open, then eventually sold before the close.


$ECP 3-Minute Chart
Jan 19, 2018 - Fri
$ECP Buy/Sell Transaction:

$ECP went as high as 76.50 on Friday, and this was the snapshot during recess:
Jan 19, 2018 Fri Recess
Of course, wasn't able to sell $ECP at these levels
(and $NRCP 👀)

$ECP port allocation: 31%
$ECP %Gain/Loss: +10.30% 

Trade lesson/s: 
Always have a prior plan when entering these kinds of play. Luckily I'm able to monitor the market on this day. Since this one's too quick, just react and set a sell plan accordingly.

_____________________________________________________________________________

2. $NRCP

I entered $NRCP on Tues, Jan 16. 

I saw a breakout at the multi-yr high of 1.29 and made my entry EOD.

I even added the next day. 

But luckily I sold it with a loss. 😊 
$NRCP Daily Chart
(and how I traded it)

$NRCP Buy/Sell Transaction:

Say CHEESE before cutting! 💥

$NRCP port allocation: 30.2%
$NRCP %Gain/Loss: -9.42% 

Trade lesson/s: 
Respect cutloss point and cut immediately. Do not HOPE when cutloss point is already hit.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Only left with one stock for the remaining days / weeks ahead.

Current holding:

Nothing has changed with my port.

More to follow.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to see the update of this one Sir. Your blog is lovely, lots of insights and strategy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir based sa trades mo, nagttrade ka sa PM session. Do you cut intraday or PM Session din? Napansin ko lang kasi dun sa NRCP trade lesson mo na respect cutloss. And I think cutloss mo dito is yung BO point? Tama po ba?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi S' Mark, yes I execute my trades when my signals are hit.

      I must cut intraday if:
      - It goes down to my planned cutloss point
      - It already exceeds my allowed risk, that is -1% of my whole port

      For my $NRCP trade, na-expose kasi yung entry ko. You see I entered on the breakout of 01/17 candle. My trail stop after that was the low of 01/18 which is 1.32. 01/19 was my selling, but I waited near the close to decide. It went down to 1.26, lower than 1.32. I must respect my plan and cut my $NRCP.

      Hope this answers your question. :)

      Delete
    2. Sir thank you for the reply. Can I also ask for advice regarding tranching? One thing I noticed when you buy or sell, it is always in tranches.

      Currently I'm having a hard time doing tranches. I'm using risk calculator before I enter my trade, but it only shows 1 of my entry price.

      Delete
  5. Save to invest. don't save to save. the only reason to save money is to invest it Equity Tips

    ReplyDelete