Saturday, February 3, 2018

Week 5 - EOW Trade Summary

Summary of what happened for my Week 5:

Monday 
No trading activity. 

Tuesday 
I was outside and have no access to PC / Laptop to view the market and charts. I was at work and attending a whole-day activity. Despite of it, I was able to execute $TBGI and bought the breakout before the ceiling of EOD.

On Tuesday night, here's my plan for $TBGI:
$TBGI trade plan for Jan 31 (Wed): 
  • If it gaps up tomorrow, wait for further movement within the day. Any significant drop or weakness should be considered a warning signal. Sell anytime when price plummets.
    • Wait for a decision around 2:25pm to 3:30pm. Big moves happen during those times. 
  • If it gaps down tomorrow, wait for the first 15mins to 28mins of the market open. Should the stock trades below 0.60 (closing of today) AND continues to go down with a MASSIVE SELLING PRESSURE, DON'T HESITATE TO SELL.
$TBGI Daily Chart
Bought Tuesday, sold Wednesday
$TBGI port allocation: 27.0%
%Gain for the trade: +31.02%
Overall port gain: +8.38%
Holding Period: 1 trading day

I also made an error. I traded $TUGS Tuesday morning but sold it the next day:

$TUGS Daily Chart
Bought Tuesday, sold Wednesday
$TUGS port allocation: 15.2%
%Loss for the trade: -9.80%
Overall port loss: -1.48%
Holding Period: 1 trading day
Lesson/s for $TUGS: 
Never enter half-baked setups and never buy in the morning. In the case of $TUGS, I was triggered since MA50 trail is respected and it broke out of immediate resistance. I anticipated a continuation or a favorable move towards the darvas high, which I admit is wrong. Anticipating is not helpful in any system. Especially if the setup still needs further confirmation.

Wednesday 
Error trade: $ATN. 

After cutting $TUGS and selling profits of $TBGI, superman syndrome strikes. I saw $ATN breaking out of the 52wk high.

I entered after recess while I'm in a meeting and got too greedy. I thought it'll close at the ceiling, but did not. I have to adjust accordingly and sell at the close.

$ATN Daily Chart
SUPERMAN SYNDROME
$ATN port allocation: 45.5%
%Loss for the trade: -8.79%
Overall port loss: -4.00%
Holding Period: SAME DAY
Lesson/s for $ATN: 
DO NOT BE GREEDY. Do not put too much allocation for these kinds of plays. The closing was a selldown and the ceiling play did not materialized.
Thursday
I entered the ATH of $HVN on this day. Sold the next day, Friday.
$HVN Daily Chart
$HVN port allocation: 27.9%
%Gain for the trade: +27.65%
Overall port gain: +7.71%
Holding Period: 1 trading day

Friday
Sold all $HVN this day. 
I'm still holding on to the stock I bought since Jan 15. Took some profits since my initial target has been hit. 
Feb 2, 2018 Day Change
To tell you honestly, it's my first time to experience a 10k day change
I never expected this to happen. With just the right preparation, right mindset with the right time, things like these can really happen.

Market's been such a Blessing this week.

It's my Father's Birthday and I treated my family for a yummy dinner on Fri night:
H-Cuisine's Most Awesome Angus Beef Belly
(Bon Appétit)
BTW. Got myself a new position for week 6.
End of week 5 port snapshot

Total trades this week: 5 trades 

I exceeded my max number of trades in a week which is supposedly 3 trades only. But I guess there's an exemption this week. There are setups that are too good to be missed out.

More to follow.

6 comments:

  1. congrats sir, still up by 21%. and your blog is so detailed. sir may i ask how do you set your TP, because this is my problem i know how to enter and to cut, but my wins turns to loss, as in the saying "pera na naging bato pa".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sir. Thank you.

      How do I set my TP. Depends on my objective. Will I hold it long enough, or in few candles, or the next day.

      Bago pa lang pumasok sa trade sir defined ko na po yan.

      I also set trailstops just in case life happens.

      Delete
  2. ka org!!!! ganda ng blog mo. im recently starting my blog. i placed yours as links I follow. gayahin ko din chart style mo. i like B&W. parang my phsych effect kc sakin ung red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir!

      Yup para neutral lang tingin sa charts pag B&W, pag green and red kasi emphasized yung emotions.

      Go sir, treat blogging as sort of journaling na din. Dito natin makikita yun progress natin as a trader. :)

      Delete