Saturday, February 24, 2018

Week 8 - Market's Uncertainty

After last week's emotional experience (See Week7 Blogpost), this week was a little different. 

A quick recap for Week 8:

Bought $MAC on Monday, sold it on Wed for $HVN and $PXP. 
Trade result: +1.09% trade gain, 55.6% allocation, +0.60% gain overall.

Bought $NOW on Tuesday's breakout at EOD and sold it on Wed.
Trade result: +12.53% trade gain, 24.8% allocation, +3.11% gain overall.

Day-traded $NOW and sold it w/n the day.
Trade result: -2.68% trade loss, 33.8% allocation, -0.91% loss overall.

Sold all $TUGS and switched to $HVN and $PXP.
Trade result: +4.69% trade gain, 53.3% allocation, +2.50% gain overall.
Holding period: 14 trading days

Bought breakout of $HVN and sold it on Thurs.
Trade result: +41.67% trade gain, 63.8% allocation, +26.58% gain overall.

Bought breakout of $PXP and sold it on Thurs.
Trade result: +4.57% trade gain, 74.9% allocation, +3.43% gain overall.

Feb 22, 2018 was really something, I didn't expect the market's uncertainty to be this rewarding. This is my first time to experience that amount of day change, w/c is more than my monthly salary:
Feb 22, 2018
Lunchtime Portsnap
(Of course, wasn't able to sell at these levels)
Actual day change on Feb 22:
This 16k daychange is again, my first time.

After selling all positions on Thurs, I decided not to trade on Fri and purge myself. This is to neutralize my state of mind and control the euphoric feeling. I want to eliminate the excitement, greed and superman syndrome. These were the emotions that affected my trading psych lately.

While on purge, I am pursuing my decision to switch brokers.
Goodbye, COL! 😞
Hello, MakeTrade! 😉
Total trades for this week: 6 trades

Trading Lessons:
  • Embrace market's uncertainty, be prepared on whatever the market will give and just react based on established trading system and intuition. (When I say trading system: the technicals, methodology, emotions and thought-process). Last week I encountered an error but this week gave me good winning trades. I wasn't expecting this to happen. My overall REACTION will really justify my trading result.
  • Learn to troubleshoot emotions. We can't control the price movement of the market. What we can control is how we handle each situation. Find a quick remedy whenever there's #FeelingExcited, #FeelingGreedy, #FeelingSuperman and especially when negative emotions arise: Fear, Hope, makabawi-syndrome, feeling sad, etc.
  • Learn to switch losers/laggards to potential winners. I've been holding to TF trades lately and just watched some high-flyers: 
      • $HVN on Jan
      • $ECP on Jan
      • $NOW on Jan / Feb
    • It's okay to miss these moves but when that opportunity comes again, I want to make sure I am READY to RIDE that move.
Port snap end of week:

Current account equity value is Php 170,344.65.
Port is now up +57% from initial port of Php 108,000.

The pressure is ON. 
It's only week 8 of 2018, 
9 weeks 'till April 30, the end of #Uptrend2018 challenge. 
There's still 44 weeks to finish 2018. 

I am writing this to be aware. I don't want to be complacent and do something stupid. I am writing this to challenge myself ahead. There's still more to happen.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT:
Here's my trade stats as of current:
I don't have the ZFT excalibur, I only have RAVEcalibur (hehe)
Overall Stats as of Feb 24, 2018
Trade Journal as of Feb 24, 2018
______________________________________________________________________________________________

More to follow.

7 comments:

  1. sir congrats, at thank you sa pagiging generous sa trades, pati journal mo pinost mona din. may i-didisect na naman ako.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sir. Keep dissecting. Maybe you’ll discover more when you dissect more.

      I am making this blog as my journal. Coz the journey never ends. 😊

      Delete
  2. Trade war fears pull Nifty below 10K; here’s share tips Share Tips

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good post on trading.fetch the latest indian market tips to decrease the Risk of the market

    ReplyDelete
  4. “In the world of business, the people who are most successful are those who are doing what they love”Capitalstars

    ReplyDelete